Toronto is known for its bustling city life, with plenty of activities to keep you occupied on sunny days. But what about those rainy days? Fear not, because Toronto has plenty of indoor activities to keep you entertained and dry.
Here are 10 rainy day activities to do in Toronto:
- Visit the Royal Ontario Museum (ROM): The Royal Ontario Museum is one of the largest museums in North America and has a wide variety of exhibits, from natural history to world culture. Spend the day exploring the galleries and learning something new.
- Check out the Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO): The Art Gallery of Ontario is home to a vast collection of Canadian and international art, with over 90,000 works of art. Take a guided tour or explore the galleries on your own.
- Watch a movie at the TIFF Bell Lightbox: The TIFF Bell Lightbox is the home of the Toronto International Film Festival and shows a variety of films throughout the year. Catch a new release or a classic film in one of their state-of-the-art theatres.
- Escape the Room: Escape the Room is a popular interactive game where you and your team are locked in a room and have to solve puzzles and riddles to escape. It’s a fun way to spend a rainy afternoon with friends or family.
- Visit the Ontario Science Centre: The Ontario Science Centre is a great place to learn about science and technology, with interactive exhibits and hands-on activities for all ages. Spend the day exploring and discovering something new.
- Go shopping at the Eaton Centre: The Eaton Centre is one of Toronto’s most popular shopping destinations, with over 250 stores and restaurants. Spend the day browsing and shopping for clothes, electronics, and more.
- Explore the Distillery District: The Distillery District is a historic neighborhood in downtown Toronto that has been converted into an entertainment and shopping district. Wander the cobblestone streets, check out the galleries and boutiques, and grab a bite to eat at one of the many restaurants.
- Visit the Hockey Hall of Fame: Hockey is Canada’s beloved sport, and the Hockey Hall of Fame is the place to learn about its history and see memorabilia from the sport’s greatest players. Spend the day exploring the exhibits and learning about Canada’s favourite sport.
- Go to the Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada: The Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada is home to over 16,000 aquatic animals and features interactive exhibits and programs. Spend the day exploring the underwater world and learning about marine life.
- Have a cozy day indoors If you don’t feel like going out, there are plenty of cozy activities to do indoors. Make some hot cocoa, curl up with a good book, or have a movie marathon. It’s the perfect way to spend a rainy day.
In conclusion, Toronto has plenty of indoor activities to keep you entertained on a rainy day. Whether you want to explore museums, go shopping, or have a cozy day indoors, there’s something for everyone. So next time the rain clouds roll in, don’t despair – there’s plenty to do in Toronto.
Read more about activities to do in Toronto here.