- Visit the Toronto Islands: Take a ferry ride to the Toronto Islands, where you can enjoy the beautiful views of Lake Ontario and the city skyline. You can also rent bikes, go for a picnic, or take a leisurely walk around the islands.
- Explore High Park: High Park is one of Toronto’s largest parks, with over 400 acres of green space. In the spring, you can see cherry blossoms in bloom and enjoy the park’s walking trails, playgrounds, and gardens.
- Check out the Distillery District: The Distillery District is a pedestrian-only area with cobblestone streets, restored Victorian-era buildings, and plenty of shops and restaurants. You can also take a tour of the historic distillery buildings, which now house art galleries and studios.
- Visit the Royal Ontario Museum: The Royal Ontario Museum is one of Canada’s largest museums, with exhibits on art, natural history, and world culture. In the spring, the museum also has special exhibits and events, such as its annual Earth Day celebration.
- Take a food tour: Toronto is known for its diverse food scene, and taking a food tour is a great way to sample some of the city’s best eats. You can choose from walking tours of different neighbourhoods, or take a themed tour, such as a chocolate or craft beer tour.
- Attend a festival: Toronto hosts several festivals in the spring, including the Toronto Comic Arts Festival, Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival, and the CONTACT Photography Festival. Check out the city’s event calendar to see what’s happening during your visit.
- Visit the Toronto Zoo: The Toronto Zoo is home to over 5,000 animals from around the world, including giant pandas, polar bears, and giraffes. In the spring, you can also see baby animals, such as chicks, lambs, and piglets.
- Walk along the Waterfront: Toronto’s waterfront is a great place to take a stroll in the spring. You can walk along the boardwalk, enjoy the views of Lake Ontario, and visit the Harbourfront Centre, which hosts concerts, festivals, and art exhibits.
- Go shopping: Toronto has plenty of shopping options, from high-end boutiques to vintage shops and markets. In the spring, you can also check out the outdoor markets, such as the St. Lawrence Market, which offers fresh produce, meats, and cheeses.
- Take a bike tour: Biking is a great way to explore Toronto, and there are several bike tour companies that offer guided tours of the city’s neighborhoods and landmarks. You can also rent bikes and explore on your own.
These are just a few ideas for activities to do in Toronto in the spring. With so much to see and do, you’re sure to have a great time in this vibrant city!
Read more about spring essentials here.